Monday, July 16, 2012

Radio Daze

This year, I have returned part-time to my first love: journalism and reduced work on my consulting business to two or three days a week.

I began a permanent stint on WIOX Radio in the Catskills reporting on the economy of the region and many of my clients have asked for the details, so here they are.

I have a Monday morning show at 9am called The Economy Of... Every week, I tackle a different subject with guests.

My guests have been, in no particular order:

Sarah Leonard, Associate Editor of Dissent Magazine, co-author of Occupy! Scenes from Occupied America (The Economy of Banking)
Alan White, Executive Director of the Catskills Center for Conservation and Development (The Economy of Conservation)
Tara Collins, Watershed Agricultural Council (The Economy of Shopping Locally)
Bob Block (The Economy of Food: cooking on a budget)
Kate Payne, author of The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking (The Economy of Homemaking)
Lars Drew, actor (The Economy of Music)
Teresa Farrell, Bear Foods Natural Market (The Economy of Food and Wine)
Linnea G, Covington, food critic (The Economy of Dining Out)

Furthermore, I also began reporting on small business for the Catskills' Watershed Post.

Here are my recent articles in Dissent Magazine and Hudson Valley Edible on organic food and  farming.

Moreover, I continue to write fiction which brought me to the radio station in the first place when I appeared on the January 3rd show of The Writer's Voice.

Podcasts are available on request.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment